Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day One: Building a good Foundation

Day one is important. I have to come up with a good foundation for getting into shape, but it's more than that. It's a life style change. That's the only way I can achieve a long lasting result. Time to build a new foundation for life.

Food
Probably the single most important part of a good lifestyle foundation. Without good food, it matters much less what you do. We don't eat out a lot, and we don't microwave dinners. That's a plus. I need more veggies, I need less carbs, I need more protein, and less fat.

I'll sit down with the wife today and work out a list of foods we want to buy, and a list of foods that are off limits.

Don't try and move a mountain all at once.

I went and got myself a 6 month gym membership. I have to fight getting home and not wanting to go back out. I also have to go even though I think it will be too busy.

No comments: