Thursday, March 29, 2012

Buddy or No buddy

Finally got to work out with my bro tonight. We did 30 minutes of the elliptical, 15 minutes of abs, and about 15 minutes of sauna. It's a good thing I did the elliptical, I don't think my legs would have held up for running on the treadmill. The machine said I burned about 350 calories. Even if I did that much, I'd be happy. I felt good today, and I had lots of energy.

As we were working out, my bro told me about another job he's getting. It sounds to me like it's a lot of hours, and of course, he probably will fall out soon. He does this, burns out quickly. He looks much better though, and maybe this will stick. But I won't expect him to keep it up. I will go with or without him, and if it takes finding someone else to go with for me to go, I'll do that.

So, as I started, I will continue.

Food today: So I didn't do bad at all. I had just dry oatmeal squares for breakfast. I had an avocado and turkey sandwich today for lunch. I had 2 hard boiled eggs before I went to the gym, and I just finished up a small bowl of Cheerios.

Workout: So I did half an hour of cardio, 15 minutes of abs, and sat in the sauna for about 15 minutes. No weights, I did those yesterday and I wanted to give myself a little break. I'll do weights tomorrow night if I get a chance.

Staying true to my goal, I still want to cut weight first. I want to loose fat, get skinny, then build muscle. I'm still just going to do weights for the fat loss. Now that I'm on the right track I might try a week of really cutting down the food and doing a lot of cardio, then possibly giving it a rest for a week. I'm curious to see how my body handles it. It might work, or I might find my body just goes into starve mode and puts the weight back on the next week.

Staying with the healthy way, if I reach a goal of loosing 2 lbs a week, that will be perfect. If I loose more than that, bonus. Well, lots of protein, and way less carbs.

No comments: