Tuesday, April 10, 2012

People Watching Workout

So a blog once a day is a bit hard to keep up with. Before you think anything otherwise, I have gone to the gym every day, even if I don't blog about it.

My workout partner couldn't make it tonight, and I forgot my music, so I found myself keeping myself occupied on the machines by observation. Fancy way of saying, I was people watching. The awesome interaction that unfolds, or lack of interaction is hard to explain, but very entertaining. I give you the 5 types of people at the gym as I see it....

The gym dater. The people who are just at the gym to find a date. Nothing wrong with it, but it helps to actually talk to the people you are interested in, instead of hoping your sweaty body and close proximity will just make them follow you home.

The gym Regular. Probably used to be a gym dater, now just works out constantly. You always see them there, you always see them doing the same thing.

The gym Pro. You know who I'm taking about. The person who makes us just hate ourselves. This person does it all, and does every move perfect. They don't pay attention to anyone else. They are there to work out, and so help you if you pick up their weight, or sit on their bench.

The gym Noob. You almost feel sorry for them. Probably because we were all there once. Overweight, looking lost, or trying to figure out how a machine works. They always make you feel better about yourself though. At least you aren't THAT bad... anymore.

The gym Buddies. Some times loud, some times show-offs, it could be two, three or more, but you always know they are there. Stating a little too loudly what they just lifted while their buddies flex in the mirror. One spotting the other who obviously has too much weight. Taking up one piece of equipment for an eternity.

There are of course more, and I might just include them in up-coming blogs. There's the Flash Bangs, right after new year. There's the Leathers, guys or gals much too old to be wearing so little. But I should be getting to... me.

I've lost another 2 lbs in one week, per the gym scale. I've been eating very well, and I of course feel great. I've been (trying to) keep my same goal of just losing fat. Not lifting a lot, doing a lot of cardio. I find myself wanting to go to fail so bad. Rack up another 5 or 10 lbs. Do only 8 max reps on the last set. But, for now, I'm doing well. 3 super sets of 15 to 20. Keeping the heart rate up and working more on endurance rather than maxing out.

My cardio is doing very well. I really have to push harder to get the same heart rate, and sweat. I'm alternating bike, treadmill, elliptical, stair steppers, and those funny things that are sort of ellip, sort of stair stepper.

One thing to focus on is muscle confusion. Don't do the same work out all the time. Go Different.

No comments: