Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Diets, an Excuse to Fail

I had a birthday party to go to Monday, so I wasn't able to work out. Of course it was a youngsters birthday party, so lots of junk food and snacks. It's pretty easy to eat wrong.

So, everyone says "You can cheat once in a while, and it's a good thing." I say... cheating is never good. But why give yourself that option. And I'm not talking about not going to a birthday party or being around that food. I'm taking about even thinking of it as cheating. Cheating eludes to doing something wrong. You are a big boy/girl, you can eat what you want.

I understand sticking to a (dreaded word) Diet.... DUH DUH DUUUUUUUH!!! or how ever you spell that sound usually heard in a horror flick. First though, I'll tell you what I think a diet is. It's what you eat. If you eat, that's your diet. If you eat a type of food, you are choosing a life style. Just how I like to look at it.

And here's why I like to look at it this way. If you "Cheat" on a "Diet" you feel "Guilty". If you feel "... ok enough quotes... If you feel guilty, you tend to just say "F" this it's too hard.

Hey if guilt works for you, fine. But it doesn't work for me. And honestly I don't think it works as well for others like they think it does. Eating right is all about feeling better. Yes, if you're healthy you feel better usually right? So why put up this rule that could make you feel bad, when you don't have to?

I don't like diets as people think of the word. Giving yourself a chance to fail is not a great start to being more healthy. They also are temporary by nature. So when you go off your diet, you go back to what... eating unhealthy? Eating too much?

I pick my meals, I keep my health in mind, and it seems to work great... without the guilt!






No comments: