Sunday, May 13, 2012

Health: Riding the Wave

First, let me update you on how I'm doing. I've been working out since I first started this blog. I'm 200lbs, I can run 3 miles non-stop in under half an hour, I can finally bench my weight, and I'm looking a lot better. My pants are fitting much better if not a little loose. My shirts are fitting more tight in the shoulders and arms, but not in the waist. I'm still going for being fit for cardio, but to loose fat faster I've been building muscle a little more than I originally planned.

Now that I have built up some muscle, I will cut back on weights. I will still do them, but not as heavy. And I'll be doing much more cardio, endurance, and fat burning. This has a little to do with my workout partner pulling a muscle in his chest because he was doing something a little wrong.

So, at this point, I'm riding the wave. Let me explain what this means to me. Waves can be created by a sudden movement. I would call the first week of working out as a sudden change or movement. If you do it right, a wave of fitness starts. You start to feel better, you start to eat right, you start to change your life toward feeling better and eating right, and before you know it, you are riding the wave.

Waves don't last forever, and they die down into ripples. That's when you create a new wave. Mix it up and try something totally different that you could never had done before you started working out. This puts you to the next level of starting another wave.

Finding something you like doing that requires this level of body fitness keeps you going. Once you've gone there, you can hold onto that level, and choose when you want to step it up. Most people I know who start getting fit then join a soccer league or something like that, continue with fitness because they enjoy where they are so much. If you just work out and continue to do the same things you always did, in my experience, you tend to fall back into old habits.

So, get fit, start eating right and get healthy, then find something to do that keeps you going at that fitness level.

Happy Mother's day, and I'll write something else soon.

No comments: